Sunday 3 February 2013

NYX eye/eyebrow pencil in Emerald City review

Hey everyone! Hope your day is going good today.. I've overeaten my lunch so I'm in a really sleepy mood now :D
Today I will be reviewing NYX's eye pencil in Emerald City. I got it in my Vellvette box and I'm really glad I did because I love it! I know I've been doing many eyeliner reviews off late but I'm currently obsessed with them so just end up buying a lot and they're all lovely colours that I just HAVE to review, so there you go! :)


Price: Rs.295

The colour of this pencil is a very pretty emerald colour. I personally love this shade, it highlights the eyes so prettily!

The pencil is a sharpenable and travel friendly one. It has the colour indicated on the bottom to help in locating it easier.


The pencil is creamy, but not as creamy as Faces' eyepencils. It might hurt your eyelid if sharpened too much. But sharpening isn't necessary too often with this one. But I still don't get why Emerald would be used as an eyebrow pencil.. ok maybe it's just me and I dont use it that way.

The pencil lasts with water to a certain extent but is not totally waterproof. But mind you, this pencil is not for those that keep rubbing or touching their eyes. Everytime I touch my eyes, a bit of this colour comes on my fingers! It is not at all smudgeproof. But if it is not touched it lasts without fading for about 5 hours, which is a pretty good staying time.

Left:1 swipe, Right: 3 swipes
As you can see, the colour can be built up with more swipes. Also, the more swipes you put, the longer it lasts on your eyelids even with water.

How it looks on my eyes :)

Pros:
- Beautiful colour
- Creamy texture
- Long lasting

Cons:
- Not waterproof
- Not smudgeproof

Yay or nay to recommend?
I personally love this colour so if you're fine with it not being mess-proof, I definitely recommend it!

Overall rating:

12 comments:

  1. Really a pretty shade Neha. Looking lovely on ur eyes. I have this pencil in Blue lagoon n loved it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Megha :)
      I like NYX pencils too now :D

      Delete
  2. thats a lovely color.
    thank you so much for the comment on my blog:)

    http://girl-gulaabi.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know <3 Hey no problem :)
      Following you now :)

      Delete
  3. Nice color but not smudge proof makes it a no for me as i have this really bad habit of touching my eyes..:(
    Nice review .:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      I had that habit too but consciously learnt to prevent doing that after I startedwearing contacts :)

      Delete
  4. Hey..just came across your blog from some search in google..:)you come across as such a sweet girl..awesome blog..was going through all your old posts and I loved the OOTD post:)keep writing..
    i have a similar one in Bourjois..but its richer and darker..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that really made my day thank you! ^_^ :*
      I reaaaaaly badly want to buy the Bourjois one.. Had my eyes fixed on it since forever! Plan to buy it soon :D

      Delete
    2. I had picked it up from Dubai Duty Free..:)
      I am going again this month..if you dnt get it, let me know..i will pick it up for u..

      Delete
  5. Hi Neha Nice Review dear...loved this shade on your eyes....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my post =)
Please do leave your valuable feedback and comments and don't forget to check back for a reply! =)