Tuesday 9 April 2013

Vaseline Cocoa Glow Lotion Review

Hey everyone!
I'm always on the lookout for a good lotion. I've heard a LOT of good things about this one so I just had to try it out. Read on to know how it fared.
Price: Rs. 69 for 100 ml

The bottle is small and handy to travel with. Didn't face any leakage or anything. The bottle requires a bit of squeezing out to get the product out but that's pretty normal. The lotion  isn't too thick in consistency and is easy to apply. The smell of this lotion is a very warm and sweet cocoa one. I would definitely want this scent during the cold winters. But I do smell a slight synthetic smell in the lotion though, it's strong like alcohol to me. Sensitive noses might want to sniff this first as the first time I smelt this I found it a bit too strong.

The lotion contains parabens, but I'm used to that now so it doesn't affect me much. I really do want to try natural lotions for once and see if there is any visible change.

The bottle comes in a flip cap that is pretty sturdy. I would have liked it if the bottle was transparent so that I could see how much lotion is still remaining, but it's alright. Not much of the lotion is required for application, so this should last for more than a month and a half.

The lotion takes about 2 minutes to absorb fully into the skin. I find this a big con as I get really bored waiting for it to absorb. Skin does not feel greasy but slightly sticky after application. This goes in about 10 minutes so that's fine. Wouldn't recommend it to be used before sleeping though, coz the stickiness could get on your nerves that time. My skin feels really soft and smooth after applying this and I do not feel the need to reapply it till night. I love the moisturizing properties! It forms a nice layer of protection all day :). Would recommend it to all skin types.

Pros:
- Smells nice
- Really moisturizes
- Lasts long

Cons:
- Strong scent
- A bit of stickiness can be felt after application and it takes a while to go

Yay or nay to recommend?
Yay! But only as a winter lotion.

Overall rating:
♥♥♥♥

8 comments:

  1. This started as a winter lotion for me but I'm still using it! And I love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love its yummy smell!
    U can try Upper Canada Body butters. They are fragrance and paraben free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too.. So warm :D
      Thanks for the recommendation Megha, I'll definitely look for it now.. Is it available online by any chance?

      Delete
  3. I have used it Neha..:)
    It smells so good. Love it!! Good to see you back.<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know.. the scent is what keeps bringing me to back to it :D
      Thank you :). It feels so good being back :D

      Delete
  4. This is my all time Favorite especially in winter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessss this is the perfect lotion for winters! <3

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading my post =)
Please do leave your valuable feedback and comments and don't forget to check back for a reply! =)